After you receive your building permit, inspections will be needed at various stages of your construction.
Inspections required for new homes and commercial work:
- Any footings will need to be inspected before pouring concrete
- Foundation walls before pouring concrete
- Before the backfill is placed against the foundation
- Framing and electrical before insulating
- Final inspection after all construction is completed
- In ground pools – electrical and finished pool
- Decks – piers and finished deck
- Additions – footings , framing , electrical and final
- Sheds/Garages – footings , framing , electrical and final
There is a 48 hour notice needed to be given to the Building Inspector to assure your project will be inspected. If you have any questions concerning inspections call the Building Inspector.