The City of Waterloo owns and maintains just over 60 miles of streets within Waterloo city limits. We operate a comprehensive street department and are dedicated to the safety and maintenance of street roadways. Our street operators are fully trained and participate in continuing education programs.
- Street Cleaning
- Street Maintenance and Repair
- Snow Removal
- Street Sign Replacement and Maintenance
- Maintenance of Yard Waste Disposal Area
- Maintenance of Storm Water Mains
- Street, Curb and Sidewalk Replacement
- Asphalt Overlay
The yearly Motor Fuel Tax Program (MFT) provides funding through the Illinois Department of Transportation for major street repair programs throughout the city. The Street Department additionally runs a Yard Waste Disposal Area at Lakeview Park for the convenience of City residents.