The City of Waterloo has contracted with Reliable Sanitation to provide curbside trash pickup and curbside recycling weekly. Trash pickup is on Mondays and recycling pickup is on Thursdays, each respective week. The current contract states the only observed holidays are Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day, in which trash/recycling will be picked up the next day.
Reliable Sanitation is contracted to collect not more than two (2) thirty (30) gallon containers of garbage or trash per individual or entity billed by the City for refuse collection.
The term garbage shall be construed as meaning: tin cans, bottles, glass, papers, rags, ashes, and other waste discard that is generated from a normal household or business of that type.
- No landscape materials including brush branches, leaves yard cuttings or tree limbs
- No dead animals, animal excretion, sewage or residue from the construction of building demolition or construction.
- No tires, batteries, oil, paint, or medical waste.
- Paper: newspaper & inserts, magazines, shopping catalogs, junk mail, office paper, wrapping paper, telephone books, etc.
- Glass Jars & Bottles: brown, green and clear (no light bulbs or window pane glass)
- Tin/Steel Cans: soup & vegetable cans (no scrap metal)
- Corrugated Cardboard: please break down boxes. We also accept single-ply cardboard (cereal boxes, soda/beer cartons) No Styrofoam.
- Aluminum Cans: beer & soda cans
Plastics: household plastic containers containing the recycling logo #1 through #7, milk jugs, 2 liter soda bottles, juice & detergent containers, etc. (No plastic grocery bags)