The City of Waterloo provides large limb pickup only after a storm. City residents must call City Hall at 939-8600 for pickup within 2 weeks of the storm. Brush must be properly prepared and meet the following specifications:
- Trimmings between 3 feet and 8 feet in length.
- Trimmings - inch to 3 inches in diameter.
- Stack brush neatly at curbside parallel with the street.
- Brush containing nails, metal, stones, vines, thorns, willow whips, or lumber will not be picked up.
- No shrubbery containing sap will be picked up.
- Tree stumps, roots, root balls and logs are not included in brush collection.
The City of Waterloo provides a yard waste dumpsite for City residents at Lakeview Park. Only yard waste is accepted at this site, and all waste must be emptied from its bag or container. It is open daily during daylight hours except when workers are mulching yard waste. This is necessary when the dumpsite reaches capacity and closes for customer safety.
Woodchips & Leaf Mulch
Untreated woodchips and leaf mulch is available free of charge to City residents from the yard waste dumpsite at Lakeview Park. All residents are responsible for loading their own woodchips and leaf mulch.
The City of Waterloo has an ordinance, which allows for leaf burning as follows:
Noon - 4:00 pm
NO BURNING is permitted on City streets.