The City Clerk’s office is responsible for the following:
- Minutes of the City Council meetings and public hearings
- Document maintenance for ordinances, resolutions, agreements / contracts, legal issues, meeting agendas / packets / minutes
- Maintenance and codification of the City of Waterloo Revised Code of Ordinances
- Posting of meetings of the City Council and committees responsible for the overseeing of city business in accordance with the State of Illinois Open Meetings Act
- Retention of records relating to city business in accordance with records retention schedules developed in conjunction with the State of Illinois
- Retrieval of said records for compliance with the State of Illinois Freedom of Information Act.