For Commercial Developments
- A site plan with drainage calculations must be approved by the City Council.
- Improvement plans are required and all improvements to be dedicated to the City must meet the requirements of the Subdivision Code.
- All plans and calculations must be signed and sealed by a professional engineer registered in the State of Illinois.
Site plans are to be submitted to the Subdivision Administrator.
The City of Waterloo has adopted the following as Building Codes for residential and commercial construction:
- 2012 International Building Code, with revisions
- 2006 International Residential Code, with revisions
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- National Electric Code
- National Fuel Gas Code
- Illinois State Plumbing Code
- The site plan for a commercial or public development must be approved by the Waterloo City Council before a building permit can be issued.
- All drawings must be signed and sealed by a design professional registered in the State of Illinois.